This forum is now blocking trashmails

We’re blocking trashmails now for new accounts, here is why:

Trashmails are often used to avoid newsletterspam and protect the own privacy.
An often used provider for Illuna was mailinator.com.
This an excellent example for people who don’t really think about what they’re doing:
Mailinator provides public access to your choosen mailbox, which creates at least the following problems:

• Everyone is able to request a new password to get access to your account
  • Everyone can read the private messages you receive

Keep in mind, Illuna does not spam you with newsletters, there is nothing to fear.
Maybe we’re writing you somewhen if something really important happened, but you can always be sure that you don’t receive mails from us daily, weekly, or monthly.

Also, we have this forum on our own server and don’t sell any private informations.
Our only way to receive a bit money for our free services, is a graceful donation by an user (you).

A forum can be a nice spot to get in touch wich players, also the players who were not seen over a long time and where is no way to get connected if you need them because something important which happened ingame. With a forum, where all the players are, you can always write them and, depending on the email settings, you can be sure that they’ll read your message and be able to anser you. This happened in the past.

If you still don’t want to use your primary mailadress, you can always get a @tchncs.de adress for free.

If you don’t understand something, please ask.

yes aaaaa used mailinator :slight_smile: you know he is just 11 year old …

@jakab said:
Upon my advice I must add.
Mailinator is excellent and we use it often for forum registration in fear of spams forums can contribute to. Anyway, I still understand the decision.

Also keep in mind that mailinator.com uses many alternative domain names. Trying to filter all of those would be a futile attempt to keep illuna safe.

We have / had more than five mailinator accounts :slight_smile:

Also keep in mind that mailinator.com uses many alternative domain names.

Our domain database have something between thousand and two thousand 2740 trashmail domains, i hope this also includes several alternate mailinator domains, too (there are at least four mailinator domains already).

If our forum ever delivers spam, i should get contacted as soon as possible.

Mailinator is excellent and we use it often for forum registration in fear of spams forums can contribute to.

I hope you always keep the risks in mind.