The Loud Walking Server

@foxzoolm said:
maybe, we can use “area protection” mod to automaticly set the “owner” of a pod when we click on a special block.
we can set a time period to clean “owner” if he don’t connected since…
I can write this mod if you are interesting…

The entrance to each pod is three block high and since doors are only two block high, the special protection block could go in the free space above where a door is placed. While I am not exactly sure how @foxzoolm plans to implement this protection block. It seems that the orientation of the block and specifying a relative protection area based on the block placement could easily protect an existing block. This is only one idea without consulting with anyone else. A mod such as suggested by @foxzoolm would solve some other issues which has been discussed. If this proposal is something we want to do, then I propose we move this to a new feature request thread.

maybe, we can use “area protection” mod to automaticly set the “owner” of a pod when we click on a special block.
Interesting idea, but should only work 4 times and maybe removable by cleaning the pod? >:)

we can set a time period to clean “owner” if he don’t connected since…
This would be good and bad, it can happen that some serious players are not there for a time like on illuna where players can be away for a half year.
On the other hand it is surely useful since many kids may play on the podworld.

I think, its not a good idea to share inventory between pod & illuna…
True, i share your opinion. When i had this plan, i didn’t know how simple you can farm resources there.

and some resource aren’t avaible into illuna (uranium ?)
Well this wouldn’t be our biggest problem since we could add uncraftable nodes on Illuna.

“protection block” look like uggly… and, I think it’s bit silly to place a lot of “protection block” into a pod… In my mind, a pod is totally owned by one person…
maybe it isn’t your ?

to be done, this mod, certainly, require to modify the mapgen of podworld.

1. to autogen the “ownship block” into the pod (maybe in center of the pod IDK).
  2. to know the size of pod without write a “recalculation” function (to know the size of so).

maybe, we must “protect” by default all free pod.

1. to disable player to steal resource into other pod (even is free)
  2. control how many pod is owned by player… (to limited it for 5 pods by ex)
    while not owned.

So, maybe I’m too lot disturbed my IRL job who set me to “protect” all, set quota, etc…
:confused:
but I make a effort : I’m strongly thinking about pricing or rent each pod…
(via minecoin)…
capitalism thinking gone kill me :smiley:

Hmm many pods are generated yet, sounds like new jobs for moderators :smiley:

@foxzoolm said:
“protection block” look like uggly… and, I think it’s bit silly to place a lot of “protection block” into a pod… In my mind, a pod is totally owned by one person…

Yes, it is not meant to be a display block - I was using the protection block as a conceptual example. It could incorporate a new texture, specific to the podworld. Maybe a moderator could place a single protection block at the top of the pod close to the command block buttons that would protect the entire block. At the top, nobody would see the block in regular game play. A simple registry would let moderators and admins know how many pods are owned by a player and maybe record the last player log in if that becomes an issue. I don’t know, maybe none of my ideas regarding this are useful.

@Milan said:
Hmm many pods are generated yet, sounds like new jobs for moderators :smiley:

If this becomes a new job for moderators, then I hope it is simple to administer. :#

The world got finally a beautiful background. :slight_smile:
Was about time, huh?
The tiles for the background are created by the modder Wuzzy.

Hi! I am aware that this server with the biopods is not active now, as it redirects to the technic server. However, I am curious about it. I read that it is based on an old sci-fi movie of the same name (Loud Walking), however, I have not had success finding the movie on the internet. Can anybody share here any link to some article or info about the movie? may be the cast? I am a fan of sci-fi and would love to watch this one.

Orestes

@orestes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Running i try to insert this worldgen mod in the technicworld as a top layer but it is quite hard.

Edit: they are now part of the TechEth server.

Does this mean that my base from the Pod World is now on the TechEth server?

No. There is just a randomly generated layer of pods on tech eth.