The Loud Walking Server

Loud Walking is a play on the name of an old science fiction movie about an attempt to preserve Earth’s endangered life in sealed pods in space. This mod creates pods with more or less normal terrain inside, including vegetation and minerals. They each have one of the version 7 biomes inside.

The server is as for now closed

Updates:

30Sept:

• increase playerlimit to 22

29.Sept:

• drop moretrees
  • update spawnpoint
  • found way to fix shadows

28.Sept:

• integrate podworld stats into the homepage

27.Sept:

• drop caverealms
  • drop technics_chests
  • add technic
  • add protector
  • update spawnpoint to alienbase to avoid people cannot cross claimed pods and are lost in the ways
  • update irc nick to illuna_podworld
  • update servername to ..:: The Podworld of Illuna :: SPACY!! ::..
  • update max players from 8 to 12
  • drop slite database
  • add ssdb databaseserver for this world
  • update serverspecific rules to:
[RULES] 1. One Player For One Pod 2. Don't Block The Ways 3. Keep Your Pod Crossable 4. Don't Steal Stuff 5. Be Nice To Each Other 6. Have Fun [/RULES]

• don’t let loud_walking overwrite spawn/respawn
  • change black environment to dark blue
  • update irc bot to just podworld
  • update spawnpoing to the center of the base so maybe some more people find the way out :bleep_bloop: *

Current issues:

• initial stuff isn’t working anymore for some reason
  • hunger isn’t working anymore for some reason

• slower jump speed
  • less gravity

• removed technic (temporally), which fixed all the missing mods and initial stuff.
  • illuna-notes interval is increased

Sounds interesting.
And I tried it. A very nice and different world. Somehow reminds me of skyblocks, but with real gaining of ressources and everything bigger. I guess it will be fun playing it.

I had a lot of fun on Loud Walking today. I think it is a very interesting concept and would welcome it as part of Illuna network. It creates some unique challenges that would make survival interesting, especially if the mobs were more plentiful. One thing I just thought about that would be interesting is if two players were trying walk in opposite directions on one of the narrow walkways above the darkness. I also wonder if the pods might become very crowded. Nevertheless, I would enjoy playing on it again.

Players walk through each other in minetest so no problem with walkways.

this will be a second server ?
that would be nice if we add theese like sky worlds =) (like +30000)
(becoulse i like them, but dont want to leave this server :p)

@jakab

Current:

Latest Updates:

• drop caverealms
  • drop technics_chests
  • add technic
  • add protector
  • update spawnpoint to alienbase to avoid people cannot cross claimed pods and are lost in the ways
  • update irc nick to illuna_podworld
  • update servername to ..:: The Podworld of Illuna :: SPACY!! ::..
  • update max players from 8 to 12
  • drop slite database
  • add ssdb databaseserver for this world
  • update serverspecific rules to:
[RULES] 1. One Player For One Pod 2. Don't Block The Ways 3. Keep Your Pod Crossable 4. Don't Steal Stuff 5. Be Nice To Each Other 6. Have Fun [/RULES]

Latest Updates:

• don’t let loud_walking overwrite spawn/respawn
  • change black environment to dark blue
  • update irc bot to just podworld
  • update spawnpoing to the center of the base so maybe some more people find the way out :bleep_bloop: *

Current issues:

• initial stuff isn’t working anymore for some reason
  • hunger isn’t working anymore for some reason

Latest Updates:

• slower jump speed
  • less gravity

Milan, conceptually I love the changes you have made. I look forward to being on the The Podworld of Illuna, I wish I could clone myself so I could be on both servers.

@Milan said:
[RULES] 1. One Player For One Pod …[/RULES]

Rule one is the only one I wonder about, simply because each pod contains specific resources that are not found in other pods. For example: I think there were pods with no water, or no dirt, or only sand and water, etcetera … I think only one of the pods I visited had apples and default trees. The point being maybe this is an opportunity to have players work together and helping each other with necessary resources. Another idea might be a community center where basic items are available: seeds, saplings, water buckets (so each player can make an infinite water supply),… OR maybe these items are part of a players initial inventory, kind of like a pioneer survivor starter kit.

Regardless, I am very excited about The Podworld of Illuna and am sure it will be Wonderful too! =)

You have to take resources from many pods.
But I want at least one pod only for me for building awesome stuff :smiley:

So we have to modify this rule. Maybe:
You only may block one pod for your own.

The rules were really fast written and i am open for suggestions for sure.

I am sure whatever is decided will be wonderful and if there are wrinkles, then they will be addressed. I am continually impressed by the quality of Illuna, its leaders, and community.

Thanks @ClaudiusMinimus.

I found the problem regarding the missing mods.
Technic made them failing to load, now i have to figure out how to solve it.

I just checked minetest.net/servers/ and noticed:

illuna-minetest.tk:30001 0/12 0.4.14-dev, minetest, singlenode ..:: The Podworld of Il… Ded Dmg PvP Pwd Rol Far
I click on the link for …:: The Podworld of Il… and noticed it took me to the home page and not a specific page regarding the Podworld. I think we should have a Podworld page on the Illuna site, even if it only says under construction.

Will this world be regenerated again, and if so, would it be good to let new players know this world is brand new and a work in progress?

This is now in production state.

mmmh i just don’t know yet how to integrate it properbly.

Latest Updates:

• removed technic (temporally), which fixed all the missing mods and initial stuff.
  • illuna-notes interval is increased

Please try to avoid /mapfix for now.
It breaks the light completly.
The dev added an equivalent command but it also breaks the light for now.
Checkout this: https://github.com/duane-r/loud_walking/issues/1

maybe we should drop moretrees for this server?

I think it’s the best - and only way to avoid the light bug.

Maybe, i also found a small shadow in a seapod without trees…

Oh, by the way, today i realized that it might be a bad idea to sync the playerfiles between the worlds.

Reason:
Authfiles:
  • containing privileges.
    If synced, the grieferprotection breaks on the Illuna world
Inventory
  • The podworld makes it too easy to farm for minerals,
    if synced, players can farm everything in minutes and bring it to Illuna.