Shall we translate the Mumblechannels to english?

Hi there,
yesterday i replaced the categriefilter box with a box which shows the channels and the activity on our lovely mumbleserver.
I am curious if it’s important for you to rename the channels to english.

I did not even know we had a Mumble server, and while German is a wonderful language, I don’t speak or understand it. So I guess, if I were to use Mumble–which I don’t know how to–then English would be very important to me.

Mmmh i guess many people just didn’t saw it.
Thats why i added the infobox a few days ago:

Well, the “real” button to Mumble was hidden at contact & social all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

I think integrating a mumble viewer was an important step forward so far.

Edit: i think i’ll just translate the channels now.

When I click on the Mumble link I am taking to mumble://tchncs.de/G%C3%A4stehaus/Eingangshalle?title=…::%20tchncs%20::…&version=1.2.0

I get the message:
The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (mumble) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context. You might need to install other software to open this address.

So it looks like this requires a Mumble client running? If so, I do not see a Linux (Ubuntu/Linux Mint) client on the Mumble site. This may require a thread on support.

Just apt install mumble.
Anyway, firefox often needs manual adjustments to understand custom adresses.

Thanks! I just installed it and will configure after lunch B)

Nice, but i personally are too tired for today :slight_smile:

I just found out that Minetest itself adds mumblesupport some day \jey

I tried it last night and found it seems to work great, though nobody else was on. I could see Mumble was running fine and I was able to hear in game very clearly. This will help bring our game play to a new level. B)

Nice to hear you enjoy it :slight_smile: