Request for Sponges

I built a structure in the ocean and thought I could easily remove the 40,000 water source blocks with a few pieces of well placed sand, I was wrong. I then found the sponge in ethereal and was excited until I realized Illuna didn’t have it, and it probably wasn’t feasible to upgrade the mod. But then @Dirk suggested the sponge be added instead of upgrading.

http://mt.qzx.com/illuna/files/ethereal--added-sponges-to-coral-reefs.patch

And luckily, the commit applies cleanly even though Illuna’s fork is many years behind. It contains images and must be applied with git am.

So, could we have sponges? :joy:

Also, I’m not sure why, but Sandy sand (coral and sponges grow on it) is not available in creative menu, would the creative people like a patch to make it available?

Is Sandy Sand available using the crystal shovel? I don’t think I saw any Sandy Sand before, I only know about some sand types from the sea modpack… :thinking:

I think sponges is not enough.
The whole under waterbuilding experience on techeth is expandable. Months ago I said to Milan I’d like to have at least the blocks from xoceans but it simply looks as I didn’t hit him hard enough.
For adding the mod including generating monuments in water I assume it’s several years too late now, but at least for creative building I actually need them to progress in the submarine section in the kingdom.

I have no experience with sandy sand…

@Dirk Yes, you can dig Sandy sand with a crystal shovel and place it elsewhere to make a farm. It needs a source water block above, and maybe some light to spawn coral.

@dotti The xoceans mod would be nice, but the blocks might not be obtainable in survival.

@auouYmous there are several nodes not obtainable for survival, I can live with that

@Milan Any chance we could get this patch?

Also, the xocean mod is at GitHub - starninjas/xocean and didn’t cause any issues with the other illuna mods.

@dotti Hehe, it would be cool if the market sold them to the less fortunate masses. :slight_smile:

i like the idea. i even propose to make this happen in the illuna market somewhere

i could live with that.
you just need to think about the prices…

obviusly they will be stupidly overpriced :smiley:

(im going on a vacation for a week though, so i might have to do it later lol)

Thanks, the patch has been added. I will retry merging ethereal (and farming) soon – the problem was/is that they were restructured upstream. Best would be to override whatever possible to make the overall TechEth structure similar to AestiVal.

1 Like