Integral/Skylands.... something new is coming soon

Illuna will become more interesting in the sky.
Soon.

Technic Ethereal Server: Community Mapgentest
Technic Ethereal Server: Community Mapgentest

What is that? Is it a bird, is it a plane, no its …

… a boomerang?

… two bananas smashed together?

@Milan said:
Illuna will become more interesting in the sky.
Soon.

Is it alive? It will swoop down upon us and carry away our children. … :#

The main goal for this mod was to put integral trees (as in the novel by the same name) into Minetest, mostly because they look cool. However, it occurred to me that this was a good way to use some of that vast, untapped airspace without leaving too much shadow on the ground. So, I made them into explorable domains with dangers and rewards at least comparable to the underworld.

These integral trees are giant plants whose roots extend into a fourth physical dimension. Their roots can be found in the center of the visible body, and simultaneously buried in the ground below, without any tangible connection. They range in size from 300 meters to a kilometer tall. Seeing one in its entirety is quite a chore.

To get to a tree, you must first find one. (Not as easy as you might think, as they don’t like to be crowded.) They’re separated by about a kilometer from each other, hovering around 200 meters up. You could build a tower to reach them, or look for their roots, buried in the ground (and occasionally the air) nearby. Punch a root and you’ll be teleported in the direction you punch, either to another root, about a kilometer away, or to the tree, if you punch upwards. How do you recognize the roots? Trust me, you’ll know them if you see them.

Integral trees have peculiar wood, laced with minerals which can be extracted by cooking it. They are an excellent source of iron and diamond. However, they are also usually infested with giant arthropods which fiercely defend them against any intruder.

Wohoo! Let me at those arthropods, when are they coming?

@snowmann said:
Wohoo! Let me at those arthropods, when are they coming?

@Milan can I have come pet arthropods for the Colosseum?

:smiley: …i plan to let them spawn high in the sky. Maybe at 4000+.
I also think about a sky world below them (thats why this heavy hight is planned).

And here comes the first island from skylands i found.
Also this mod will be modified, so i surely cannot tell you an specific time, but you’ll see the announcement when it’s there :wink:

Two points:

• Shadowing
  • They will ruin the map

Why should they? This height will not create shadows on the ground as far as i tested.
Also it is too heigh to be visible.

I installed this locally and I could not find any trees with the default settings.I added this to a fresh v6 world. Should I use v7 instead? I would like to see the trees locally.

Just rare :slight_smile:
One in a 1000 block square

@Milan said:
And here comes the first island from skylands i found.
Also this mod will be modified, so i surely cannot tell you an specific time, but you’ll see the announcement when it’s there :wink:

this is awesome :smiley:
the tree worm … i hate worms …

Not sure about the Integrals, because they will make diamonds and iron lose their value. But I like the skylands, though we have to fix the shadows and we have to make sure that they won’t destroy the daily map on our website.

make sure that they won’t destroy the daily map on our website.

this shouldn’t be a problem

+500m to +1000m is still mapped though.

@Milan said:
:smiley: …i plan to let them spawn high in the sky. Maybe at 4000+.
I also think about a sky world below them (thats why this heavy hight is planned).

So no problem @coeseta :slight_smile:

If we put our flag on the island can we claim ownership?