Illuna Needs Your Help!

I want to help Illuna very much <3 . I have seen Milan’s several pleas for financial help and am very concerned :# . As many of you know I am disabled with a very limited income, yet I plan to help when funds are available. Surely some of you could afford a few Dollars/Euros now and could maybe donate more to help keep the Wonderful World of Illuna running . I do not know the monthly/yearly cost for this server and I don’t know if it would be proper to make that information available, but it may be useful if we as a community had that information. Hopefully there is a benefactor/player who is able to help :3 .
Please forgive me if this post is not appropriate, but I had to say something.
ClaudiusMinimus

Thanks for your friendly post. <3

I do not know the monthly/yearly cost for this server and I don’t know if it would be proper to make that information available, but it may be useful if we as a community had that information.

Well, i didn’t mentioned it so offensive since our server is kinda special.
The hoster, where the server is rented is also kinda contributing to the Illuna project,
he gives us this amazing hardware for just twenty euros per month.

Well since there is now a thread to the infobox, here a side note:

Somewhere else you be free to use several services… maybe a free dropbox account, maybe a free google or facebook account.
These are often services where you pay with your privacy.
Dropbox is known to spy your whole computer, google and facebook making millions+ with your private informations.
With everything you give them so far.
Other services keep themself alive by annoying the users with advertisements and and and.

Illuna and tchncs.de don’t server ads, don’t sell your email adresses and whatelse is useful to make money.
My services are completly free of everything commercial.
But this means that i have to pay, especially for illuna so just people have fun playing minetest.
(The tchncs.de server is used for e.g. mail by my parents for company reasons so it’s save so far)
So it would just be nice if some people (>150 activated accounts) do for example microdonations per month to keep it alive and relieve me from the monthly costs caused to serve a most awesome minetestserver as possible.

If I may ask: Of the 150 accounts, how many play on a regular basis? Surely the number is greater than 20 and if so, then that is only 1 euro per person per month or 12 euros per year. I will pay as soon as I can. Thank you Milan for this wonderful service you provide and all the hard work you do to make our lives more enjoyable.
THANK YOU! =)

I am not sure if i got your question right. :slight_smile:
We may have ~20-30 players sometimes active.

They often play a while and be away a bigger while… this affects maybe 99% of all the players as i experienced.

Thank you Milan for this wonderful service you provide and all the hard work you do to make our lives more enjoyable.

You’re welcome. I enjoy to administrate all this stuff :3

@Milan said:
I am not sure if i got your question right. :slight_smile:

Therefore, 1 euro per person per month or 12 euros per year would easily cover your costs, is this correct?

yes, it sure is.
this is why there are platforms like flattr. or patreon.
Also paypal allows abos.

I live in South Africa and I have no credit card of any kind, I only have a small farm workers income but would love to give a little but how do I do it?
I can make EFT payments but only to local bank accounts, I managed to purchase some Steam games by using Evopoints are there any other ways to get you some ZAR to you,even though it is not worth much but might help a little.

@Milan said:

Of the 20-30 players, how many actively see and read the forum? Could it be those with money do not know how their small donation could help, because they have never seen the message. Until this issue is resolved I would not be opposed to one of those annoying popup welcoming windows whenever I log into the game.

I hoped the little sign next to the spawnhouse is enough.
But it seems not so.

i’ve never noticed a sign. i think if you explain the microdonation scheme in the donate message then it would be more attractive to people.

Would something like this help generate revenue for Illuna? https://minetest.tv/partners.php

@ClaudiusMinimus said:
Would something like this help generate revenue for Illuna? https://minetest.tv/partners.php

Good point. (y)

@ClaudiusMinimus said:

Each time someone found a new service to be added to a “partners” page, then it should be announced in the forum, thereby continually generating awareness. After all we all require many items on the example partners page, so each sale would help Illuna.

@Askalienkos said:
i’ve never noticed a sign…

I think what @Askalienkos stated could be very true, in that many may not realize the need. With a partners page, some players would probably talk to each other in game regarding some great product or service on the partners page and support Illuna without much effort.

Hi. I eventually made a donation two days ago. Hope it got through. I’ll try to make a second one this year.