Confirmation Email ... still waiting

Hi :slight_smile:

As per the title, just wanted to ask :

-> how long is a typical wait for the Illuna confirmation-email to arrive?

Usually registration-pages send them out instantly, you see them within a minute, but it’s been half-an-hour now and still nothing has arrived … and no, nothing lurking in the spam-filter box either.

When should I worry that something’s broken?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Moved this to the support categorie.

-> how long is a typical wait for the Illuna confirmation-email to arrive?

Seconds.

When should I worry that something’s broken?

After some minutes.

I checked the logs:

status=bounced (host mail.protonmail.ch[185.70.40.18] said: 554 5.7.1 <your@email.adress>: Recipient address rejected: this address does not exist (in reply to RCPT TO command))

I will confirm your account but please check the email adress in your account settings.

Regards

Hmm, okay, very odd, and actually a bit worrying, as I just signed up there very much for the purpose to audition their service and performance, trying to find alternatives.

Anyway, thanks for checking and confirming :slight_smile:

Are you sure you didn’t made just some typo?
The error only tells about a not known mailadress.

Just echoed it through od -tac and saw no rogue invisible characters…

Then thought about checking the actual details in the headers in their welcome messages.

Possible ‘eureka!’ : on sign-up there I deliberately chose .ch rather than .com (again, thinking about tentacles) but in their welcome email headers it shows under To: as .com

Not a brilliant first impression of their set-up. :frowning:

Anyway, puzzle possibly solved. :slight_smile:

Cheers

You are very accurately^^
I wonder which things a mailprovider needs in order to satisfy you, but you can also have an account on my tchncs.de server. But this is running out of topic. Now introduce yourself and show us what an amazing builder you are in Minetest! :bleep_bloop:

Edit: by the way, there is alot opensource stuff from protonmail

@Milan said:
You are very accurately^^
Now introduce yourself and show us what an amazing builder you are in Minetest!

Hehe, I’m still too much of a newbie to impress anyone, :smiley:

I’m still very much at the ‘‘Looking and Learning’’ stage, exploring and experimenting, curious about all the different worlds out there in MT-land. In an unfamiliar world in a ‘‘survival’’ scenario I tend to hunker down, hiding safely and mining inconspicuously until I’m equipped and confident enough to risk appearing in public :smiley:

This is nice stuff to introduce yourself, you may wanna create a new thread in the correct categorie for this :slight_smile:

Edit: i closed this since the problem in this thread is solved.