Bags Upgrade

I have a fun announcement to make, which is that bags have been upgraded! This upgrade comes with new features and recipes:

New Features

• Open bags are now labeled

• Large Bags now have 32 slots versus the default 24 (existing bags must be emptied and move to player inventory and then place back in the bag menu for the upgrade to take affect.)

• Open bags now displays their bag number in the top right corner of the bag inventory.

Simplified Upgrade Recipes

• Small bags to Medium require only two small bags and four pieces of cotton
  • Medium bags to Large bags use two medium bags and four pieces of cotton

Coming Real Soon

Small Bags will have an alternate recipe using hemp fabric. There are also other useful items made with hemp (no cookies) The hemp mod is installed, but we are having a hard time getting the seeds to grow. We will announce when hemp is growing properly

this is already in the game ??

@jakab said:
this is already in the game ??
The bags: yes. The hemp: its still a work in progress. We thought it was working, but the plants do not grow. So until hemp is available, enjoy the larger 32 slot large bag and the simplified upgrade recipes. The bag numbers also are now in game as shown in the above image

Pushed to twitter, shared on diaspora*, announced in our blog.

If you want, post this update also in our thread in the Minetest forums, @ClaudiusMinimus.
I can do it too for sure :slight_smile:

@Milan said:
If you want, post this update also in our thread in the Minetest forums, @ClaudiusMinimus.
I can do it too for sure :slight_smile:
Sure, go for it. It will be several hours before I can post it.

Okey, done! :slight_smile:

Became time :slight_smile:

This is a wonderful upgrade, thank you Claudius Minimus and Milan for making know and allowing it to go forward.

Yes thanks Claudius

I am thrilled this upgrade has been so well received.

Sounds great, i can’t wait

@coeseta said:
Sounds great, i can’t wait

The large bags are here now

@ClaudiusMinimus said

• Large Bags now have 32 slots versus the default 24 (existing bags must be emptied and move to player inventory and then place back in the bag menu for the upgrade to take affect.)
  • Open bags now displays their bag number in the top right corner of the bag inventory.

Everything goes larger on Illuna - can’t wait for increasing online players. jk :smiley:

Hemp is now growing on the Podworld and will be soon on the main Illuna world. I have a plot in the Terra Nova garden for hemp, but those plants are not growing yet. We are making progress and maybe by the time you read this there will be hemp growing. I was able to make my first production bags with hemp (not in test environment). As soon as I can I will make the hemp seed available for all. Hemp should also grow in the wild, though I have not found any yet. If anyone finds some, please let me know

Hemp is now on both Illuna and the Podworld of Illuna.

Podworld of Illuna

There are some seeds available in a chest inside my base (Claudius’ Pod from the TN at spawn) in the podworld. However, the garden is still in a protected area, so most players will not be able to harvest directly from the garden at this time. I will make a public garden as soon as I can, which might be Monday or Tuesday.

Illuna at the Terra Nova Garden

The Terra Nova Garden, plants are growing with harvest instructions posted. Basically you can harvest plants as long as you replant all the seeds. If the garden plot is full of growing plants after reseeding, then you may have the remaining seeds and any hemp leaves you harvest. If you don’t need all the seeds or hemp, then please put any extra seeds or hemp in a chest by the garden workshop.

Thank you,
CM =)

That sounds like a very nice upgrade! Bags where so hard to get due to having to mass-murder poor, innocent, friendly mobs (or wait for them to die of old age or more hostile mobs - a very tiresome process). Hemp also sounds like a very good idea and natural source for bag-making material.

@sokomine said:
That sounds like a very nice upgrade! Bags where so hard to get due to having to mass-murder poor, innocent, friendly mobs (or wait for them to die of old age or more hostile mobs - a very tiresome process). Hemp also sounds like a very good idea and natural source for bag-making material.

When I did this I thought about your "Save the Bears’ campaign. Now our bears can live in peace, except for any bear slayers.